I’m sure elephants are very aware of their own differences in size, but they all look the same to me.
Archive for July, 2010
Time for some (more) blog stats!
- Total number of posts = 100
- Days since blog began = 157
- Total number of drawings = 122
- Most visitors in a single day = 140
- Different visitor countries of origin = 33 (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Malaysia, Russian Federation, Taiwan, Belgium, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Turkey, Romania, Israel, Australia, Vietnam, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, Indonesia, India, Greece, Argentina, Philippines, Denmark, Algeria, Italy, Columbia, Jordan, Lithuania, Ireland, Austria)
- Most popular search terms that direct visitors to this site = “static electricity” and “very old man” (I posted two cartoons on these subjects in February. Click here to see them.)
Over a dozen varieties of both “static electricity” and “very old man” have brought many, many visitors to this blog. One or the other of these phrases bring at least one new person here almost every day. If you are here today searching for static electricity or very old men (or both) today is your lucky day!
When I was in college, I worked with a woman from England. She was a wealth of information for me on all things British. One thing in particular has stuck with me. If you speaking to someone from the UK, never EVER call those little pouches that belt around the waist a “fanny pack.” It is apparently quite offensive.
According to her, she grew up calling them “bum bags.” Ugh. Frankly, I’m embarrassed either way.