Stylish Blogger Award.April 20, 2011
Several weeks back, Melissa from http://play101.wordpress.com/ awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. Basically, this is an unofficial honor that is passed around the blogging community from one blogger to another. I had planned on mentioning this at the time, but my surgery was scheduled very quickly and the recovery took longer than expected.
Having seen this award talked about in a few different places, there are a four rules for those receiving the Stylish Blogger: (1)Credit the person who awarded it to you, (2)List a seven things about yourself, (3)Pass the award on to other deserving souls, (4)tell the new recipients about it.
(1) Thanks Melissa!
(2) A few things about me:
- I am a germaphobe. I even wipe down my credit card or ID after using them.
- I am a Boston Red Sox fan (and was one looooong before they actually started winning).
- I still read the newspaper every day. I don’t care that the news isn’t up-to-the-minute.
- I always vote. National, state, or local elections – it doesn’t matter.
- I enjoy playing board games with my wife, although I never actually win. Ever.
- I’ve only had one cavity in my life.
- I recently discovered that putting avocados on hamburgers brings personal enlightenment. Try it.
(3) Here are the blogs that I visit most often.
- Doodlemum – A wonderful daily journal-type blog using illustrations and a minimum of text. Equal parts funny and touching. Anyone with small children will appreciate her drawings.
- Errantry – If I could actually draw, I would want to draw like this. Clean line drawings and interesting subjects make me wish more children’s books had illustrations like these.
- Jbabb Comics – Cartoons and comic strips that actually make me laugh.
- Flufflepot – This blog tells stories using digital cartoons. I really like the style and am amazed by the animated picture at the top of the page. Very neat.
- A Lego a Day – Something different. This blog has been freshly pressed by wordpress twice in the past few months. Everyday brings a new photo of lego people doing interesting things. You really have to see it to understand.